Savannah Baril, M.D., MSC
Dr. Savannah Baril is a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist (Eye Physician and Surgeon) with additional fellowship training in Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery. Because of her training both in Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery, she has specific knowledge and understanding of the functional and cosmetic aspects of treating the delicate tissues surrounding the eyes.
Her clinical practice interests include the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of oculoplastic disorders including skin cancers of the eyelids, trauma involving the eyelids and orbit, eyelid malposition, tearing disorers, and orbital disease secondary to tumors, infection, and inflammatory conditions such as thyroid eye disease. Dr Baril also serves patients interested in cosmetic treatments.
In addition to her extensive experience performing surgical procedures around the eyes and orbit, Dr. Baril has been involved in research and journal publications, and was the recipient of a travel grant from the National Eye Institute. She has also spent time abroad as a humanitarian volunteer with organizations such as Operation Smile and Doctors Without Borders.
- Orbital Surgery
- Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
- Ophthalmic / Orbital Oncology
- Orbital / Ocular Trauma
- Orbital Fracture Repair
- Skin Cancer of the Eyelids
- Post-Mohs Reconstructive Surgery
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Fellowship: Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Medicine: Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Master of Science (International Human Rights): London School of Economics, London, England
- Bachelor of Arts: Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, New York
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- North American Skull Base Society
- Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American academy of Ophthalmology
- National Eye Institute, Travel grant recipient
Dr. Baril was born and raised in Los Angeles. She and her husband, a Vascular Surgeon at UCLA, have been blessed with two beautiful children.