Payam Amini, M.D.
Dr. Amini is a board certified ophthalmologist (Eye Physician and Surgeon), with additional fellowship training in Retina and vitreous diseases. He obtained his residency as well as fellowship training at the prestigious Shiley Eye Center in San Diego, CA. As a principal investigator in multiple research studies he is able to provide the most advanced treatment options to his patients. He specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases affecting the retina, the vitreous and the macula, including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, macula hole, retinitis, uveitis, and many more.
Dr. Amini is sought after to provide his expertise in 5 major offices including the well known East Valley Eye Center in the heart of the city of Burbank.
His ability to speak multiple languages including Farsi and Spanish enables him to communicate with patients of various nationalities with ease. Dr. Amini and his wife Candice, an Obstetrician, have been blessed with a beautiful daughter, Sabrina. When time permits, Dr. Amini enjoys playing basketball, weight lifting, and running.
- Fellowship, Vitreo Retinal Surgery, Shiley Eye Center, San Diego, CA
- Residency, Ophthalmology, Shiley Eye Center, San Diego, CA
- Internship, General Surgery, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Doctor of Medicine, SUNY Medical University, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience, University of California, San Diego
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Amini and his wife Candice, an Obstetrician, have been blessed with a beautiful daughter, Sabrina.
- Dr. Amini enjoys playing basketball, weight lifting, and running when time permits.