Kourosh Eghbali, M.D.
Dr. Eghbali is a board certified ophthalmologist (Eye Physician and Surgeon), with additional fellowship training in Cornea and Laser Refractive Surgery.
Surgical Training & Experience
Dr. Eghbali’s superior surgical abilities were acquired while training under world renowned surgeons Dr. Peter McDonnell (currently Chairman of Ophthalmology at Johns Hopkins University) and Dr. Roger Steinert (former Professor at Harvard University).
Through thousands of eye surgeries he mastered no-patch no-stitch micro-incision cataract surgery, corneal transplants, LASIK, PRK, pterygium surgery with amniotic membrane transplant, SLT (glaucoma laser treatment), and other advanced eye surgeries.
Research & Eyecare Advancement
As a dedicated surgeon, he has managed to be an active participant in more than 30 different research projects and has more than 25 scientific peer-reviewed journal publications, abstracts and presentations. He is co-author of a chapter on LASIK that is published in the prestigious reference book “Cornea”, which is read by corneal specialists around the world.
- B.A., Molecular and Cellular Biology, UCLA
- Doctor of Medicine, with Honors, University of California Davis, School of Medicine (UCD)
- Surgical Internship, UCLA
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of California in Irvine, School of Medicine (UCI)
- Ophthalmology Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery, UCI
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery Section of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Ophthalmology Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- “Outstanding Performance Award” from Department of Veteran Affairs
- Chief Resident, UCI
- Dr. Eghbali is married and has two children. When not busy, he enjoys swimming, and playing volleyball. He speaks three languages.