Farid Eghbali, O.D.
Dr. Eghbali is a therapeutic optometrist with glaucoma certification. His practice emphasizes in the treatment and management of eye diseases, specialty contact lenses, and laser vision correction. He is a doctor, author, educator, inventor, innovator, investigator, and most importantly a father and a husband.
He has helped more than 20,000 patients enjoy the miracle of laser vision correction. Dr. Eghbali has given close to 100 lectures and has published more than 30 articles. He has invented several instruments that are being used by other eye doctors to facilitate eye examinations and treatment. He has been co-investigator for more than a dozen FDA clinical trials. He has served as a CA State Board of Expert Licensing Examiner and as expert witness for jurisprudence work. Dr. Eghbali has appeared on numerous television programs (NBC news, “Vision and You”, “You and the World of Medicine”, etc.) and has assisted patients for “Extreme Makeover” and “10 Years Younger”. He has been interviewed on the radio programs entitled “KFWB News 980” and “You and the Physician.” He is the team eye doctor for the L.A. Dodgers.
- Fellowship in Cornea/Contact lens, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry, with Honors, Southern California College of Optometry
- Bachelor of Science in Visual Sciences, Southern California College of Optometry
- General Biology, Johns Hopkins University
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Southern California College of Optometry
- Who’s Who in America
- Harold and Pauline Price Fellow Award
- C&E Vision Service Distributing Award
- Ciba Vision Focus Award
- Vision for Excellence Scholarship
- Dr. Eghbali is married and has two children. When time allows he enjoys playing volleyball, jet skiing and traveling. He speaks three languages.